Di Iorio & Di Iorio, LLC offers forensic accounting and related consulting services to its clients. Forensic accounting involves detail investigation about actual or anticipated disputes involved in business-related litigation or marital dissolution. The breadth of our forensic practice is in litigation support and investigative accounting.
Our professional services in the forensic accountant field are utilized for a wide range of investigations across all industries. We are affiliated with Koenig & Associates, LLC, Certified Public Accountants, Suite 104, 75 Essex Street, Hackensack, New Jersey 07601 www.Koenigassociatesllc.com. Our partnership with Koenig brings over 70 years of expert investigative and forensic accounting experience to your specific project.
Common engagements include:
Disputes or Potential Disputes Among Shareholders or Partners, Employers/Employees
We investigate relationships and awards that occur outside of the organization’s structure to determine that equity to all shareholders or partners is maintained. Our assignment can involve a pre-emptive strategy of developing a Buy-Sell Agreement; or, we are engaged to examine damages afterward.
Personal Injury Claims and Accidents
We substantiate and document the accuracy of economic losses that have resulted from a personal injury or accident.
Because insurance policies vary greatly, we perform a thorough policy review together with our forensic work on the determination of economic damages.
Employee and Other Fraud Investigations
We collect stringent documentation to support allegation(s) of fraud. We document our understanding of all accesses to funds; focusing on people, processes, authority, and controls, and report results confidentially to our client.
We audit Case Information Statements and many other documents that are exchanged before, during, and after the process of a matrimonial dispute. Our work also involves forensics to locate and evaluate disputed and/ or non-disclosed assets; including businesses, property, testaments, fiduciary obligations, and others.
In the event of a divorce between matrimonial and/ or business partners, we assist with the valuation details involved in the pricing for the Buy-Sell Agreement. Additionally, we are brought in to consult and assist with necessary funding arrangements such as life insurance policies.
Business Economic Losses
We investigate and compute economic damages that result from contract breaches or disputes, construction claims, expropriations, product liability claims, trademark and patent infringements, and losses stemming from alleged breaches of agreements such as contests from non-compete agreements.
When our clients are involved in current or pending litigation they call on us to execute the following assignments on their behalf:
- Obtain and register documentation to support or refute a claim and form an assessment of the case;
- Study and critique damages reports by the opposing expert and assess the validity of the opposing expert and his/her testimony;
- Provide a supporting role with settlement ideas and discussions; and,
- Attend trial to hear the testimony of the opposing expert and provide assistance with cross-examination.
Di Iorio & Di Iorio, LLC may be called in to explore whether a fraud or another type of misconduct has occurred within an organization. Typical examples of this are:
- Employee theft
- Misappropriation of funds by employees or agents
- Errors and irregularities in financial reports
- Securities fraud
- Insurance fraud
Our investigative teams have professional, expert experience with accounting and auditing. These field skills are essential to deliver top level service, including a prompt and crystal-clear understanding of the situation under investigation.
- Review the situation and offer suggestions for possible courses of action;
- Assist with the protection and recovery of assets;
- Coordinate with other experts, including attorneys, private investigators, other forensic accounting experts, forensic document examiners, and consulting engineers; and,
- Provide evidentiary support to assist you and your counsel with necessary civil action or criminal prosecution.